As part of the Tetra Tech family of companies, Cosentini is home to some of the best engineering minds in the country, including nationally recognized subject matter experts. We recruit and engage professionals with engineering backgrounds in mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, code consulting, mission-critical design, information technologies, commissioning, sustainability, and lighting design.
Cosentini fosters an environment where informal mentorship is regularly practiced. Seasoned and emerging project managers supervise new employees and guide them through the steps of working in a specific discipline. We pair new staff with experienced team members to help ease the transition from professional degree programs to an office environment, creating an open and collaborative learning atmosphere. New employees are also given opportunities to work on a wide variety of projects at different design phases to introduce them to the full design process and associated professional requirements. The firm also encourages active involvement in professional associations and related events and programs.
Cosentini offers a variety of in-house training programs for all levels of experience:
- Cosentini University: All new hires and interns take a 10-week seminar covering the fundamentals of MEP engineering. These courses are taught by experienced engineers, give an overview of different types of building systems, and create an open dialogue between new hires and experienced staff.
- Specialty Courses: Cosentini brings in a variety of industry experts and vendors to lecture on current and relevant industry trends, topics, and materials.
- In-house training: We offer regularly-scheduled courses to train staff in the latest software packages and building industry technologies such as Revit.
- Tetra Tech webinars: Tetra Tech offers frequent live webinars online on multiple topics that are available to all Tetra Tech employees.
- Professional Engineer (PE) Exam Prep: Cosentini helps eligible engineers begin the process of licensure. We encourage all employees to become licensed and facilitate the process by scheduling preparation seminars with recently licensed professionals, paying for licensing fees, and organizing study groups for those taking the exam.
- The firm also supports continuing and graduate education specifically related to employees’ professional responsibilities through a tuition reimbursement program.
At Cosentini, we offer a standard comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). We also offer paid professional registrations and memberships, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, and group discounts for travel and entertainment.
Cosentini /Tetra Tech is an equal opportunity employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
Cosentini manages a large summer internship program with positions available in our engineering studios, the accounting department, and the marketing department. Interns at Cosentini have the opportunity to work on major projects at various stages of the design and construction process in order to gain wide exposure to different aspects of architectural engineering.